Sunday, January 25, 2009

How to review the to-do list



I apologize for the delay in my posting. I've been wearing the Doctor Mom hat for the past few days. Morgan has had the flu and it's been a challenge to keep her temperature down. All the while trying to keep her and Grandma apart so that she doesn't catch it!



As I sit here on Sunday afternoon, still in my pj's - I think of all the things I have to do – and am quite sure that I don’t have enough time to do it all! It can get a bit overwhelming! I’ve got a ‘to-do’ list for pretty much every aspect of my life – church, home, work. Somehow, Santa forgot to leave me those couple extra hours a week that I asked for!!


I know quite well that I am not the only one who has a difficult time delegating – and can say far too easily ‘yea, I can take care of that!’ A couple of names come to mind, but I won’t tell on you!


Unfortunately, I don’t have the answer – but I can direct you to the one who does – God! I recently saw a message from Him – it said “Good morning, this is God. I will be handling all of your problems today. I will not need your help! Oh my!! Did God just say ‘I can take care of that’!?!?! I think He did!! And I think He told me to stay out of the way, too!!


Wow! Now we can review our ‘to-do’ list – while I’m pretty sure that He isn’t going to do the laundry for me, there are a few things that I can knock off of the list.


The first one is worry about what I have to do tomorrow – I can cross that off my list – God can take care of that one. “Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.” Matthew 6:34.


I can cross off being angry at the car that cut me off on my way to work last week, and the clerk that was rude to me the other day. “Refrain from anger and turn from wrath; do not fret--it leads only to evil.” Psalm 37:8


I can cross off feeling guilty for snapping at the doctor who said not to worry about a 103 degree fever! “Then I acknowledged my sin to you and did not cover up my iniquity. I said, "I will confess my transgressions to the Lord"-- and you forgave the guilt of my sin.” Psalm 32:5


I can cross of anxiously rushing about trying to accomplish too many things at one time and worrying what the thermometer will read next! “Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.” Philippians 4:6


Now that I have crossed all of those things off of my list – I might just have found those extra hours a week that I was looking for!!

No comments: