Friday, June 19, 2009

Towels and socks included




I was reading the Bible the other day, and there was a word that caught my attention – ‘all’. All blessings come from God. My mind found other words like it that I’d read. ‘Never’ … I will never forsake you. These words … and words like them … ‘forever’, ‘always’ and ‘every’ appear all through the Bible. We find comfort in those words … knowing that no matter what, God will keep his promises and will always be with us – no exceptions.

The word stuck out in my mind because just the day before, I had asked Morgan ‘did you put all of your clothes away’. And, yes, she said she did. However, there were still socks and a couple towels on her bed … but they’re not ‘clothes’, you see!

Aren’t we glad that when God says He loves all of His children … that means every single one of us! No loopholes, no exceptions and no oversights! That includes you and me! It also includes those in prison, those in other countries and those who are homeless and hungry. It doesn’t matter if you’ve just accepted Jesus, or have been studying His word for decades. When He said ALL – he meant just that – socks and towels included!

Quite often we get so caught up in the worlds’ definition of ‘all’ that we forget the true meaning of the word. We are used to having ‘exceptions’ for everything. But God makes no exceptions. He is true to His word. We can be confident and comforted knowing that no matter how many times people in our lives fall short of the task, God will never let us down. Never.

1 comment:

Teresa Renberg said...

This post was very comforting. I think the lesson of the Good Samaritan is due here. Jesus upset people with his message of tolerance.