Friday, December 26, 2008

License Plate Ministries!

God is soooo good!!

I’ve been having a difficult time thinking of something to write about this week. I’ve mentioned before that many times I’m thinking on my way to work. This week was no different – and it just wasn’t coming to me. Then, I happened to glance over at the car next to me – and the license plate said “GD PRVID”. How appropriate – of course God will provide the answer – and it will be in His time, not my impatient schedule! My prayer, many times, has been “God, help me to stay out of your way!”

God reminded me of a picture I recently saw. It said “Cherish the quiet times – the world screams, while God whispers.” Oh, how true that is – especially this time of year. Presents to buy, food to cook, goodies to bake, decorations, parties, meetings, work… it just never ends. My quiet time hasn’t even been very quiet lately. I rush in, read a chapter or so in my Bible, sit there quietly for a minute – ok, I’m done being quiet – and off I go! Put a little check mark by ‘quiet time’ and I’m good for the day. Somehow I don’t think that’s the way it’s supposed to be – and could very well be the reason for my struggle.

God has so much that He wants to say to us. He wants to answer us; He wants to guide us; He wants to tell us how much He loves us – if we’d only listen. As we scurry about doing our Christmas chores – trying to figure out how to get everything done – I can imagine God sitting in Heaven saying ‘I’ll tell you if you’d just stop and listen to me!’ Hmmm – seems I’ve told that same thing to Morgan a few times. “If you’d just stop and listen!!” I wonder if God gets as frustrated as I do when I say that?!

God has all of the answers we need. He knows the path we should take, and He knows the best way to get there. All we have to do is listen. He isn’t going to make us listen. He isn’t going to shout above the constant roar of busy-ness that we encounter every day. We have to be intentional – we have to stop and sit down with Him and say “I’m ready to hear what you have to tell me.” Then be quiet and listen. Let God fill your heart with the peace and love that only He can provide.

2 comments:

~ Denise ~ said...

Nice post, chickie! Be sure to stop by my site... www.cusmyle.blogspot.com and check out our current life adventure! ;)

Unknown said...

Thanks Michelle! My quiet time today started with your blog!

Jayson